This year I vowed to make more goodies as I am learning how to make homemade treats for the kids. A little over a year ago, my youngest son challenged me to make him a homemade birthday cake with the whipped topping. Challenge accepted. I discovered that it was fun and something that I enjoyed. I’ve always wanted to be able to do it but never tried until he challenged me.
As I am learning how to make treats and goodies, I figured that I would share them with you. Because if I can do it, so can you. So without further ado, here are my Witch & Cauldron cupcakes.
- Box of Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix
- Witch’s Feet and Cauldron Cupcake liners and toppers – Walmart Sold Out Quickly. These are similar: https://amzn.to/35ZQsMy (aff link)
- 1 Jar of Wilton Black Icing Color
- Vanilla Flavoring (clear works best for light-colored icing)
- Powdered Sugar
For Buttercream Icing:
You will need two sticks of butter. I shared the recipe here.
For Whipped Icing:
You will need 1 small carton of heavy whipping cream, agar-agar (recipe here) or unflavored gelatin (recipe here) to stabilize the icing. I haven’t shared this recipe on the blog yet but I will get to it soon since I didn’t take the process photos.
- Make cupcakes according to the package and allow them to cool completely before frosting them.
- While your cupcakes are baking, begin making your icing and use the recipes above.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, spoon the frosting into a piping bag.
- Add the desired tip and pipe the icing onto your cupcake.
- Top with the witch’s feet and cauldron cupcake toppers.
- Serve and Enjoy!