I hope that you had a fantastic Easter. Did your child dye Easter eggs this year? Don’t throw away the shells and plant those spring flowers inside the eggshell. Let’s make Easter egg seed starter craft and use the empty egg shells. Spring is here but the weather this year has been crazy. Up north there were several states that got snow. The cold weather will ruin any work that you have done in the garden including planting flowers or your garden. So it makes perfect sense to use the eggshells to start growing flowers or a garden.
I am excited to share an Easter Egg seed starter crafted inspired by Nick Jr. Spring is Here DVD.
How to Make Easter Egg Seed Starter Craft
You will need the following items:
- Empty Egg Carton
- Potting Soil
- Egg Dye
Let’s Get Started Making the Easter Egg Seed Starter Craft
- Start saving eggshells from breakfast or your favorite recipes.
- It is important that you carefully crack only the top of the egg so you can drain the egg out of the shell.
- Wash out the egg and put it in your empty egg carton to dry.
- Save the eggshells until you are ready to dye them.
- The night before you want to plant your seeds, dye the eggs the same way you dye Easter eggs. Let the dye dry completely before planting your seeds.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the potting soil into the eggshell.
- Push the seed into the soil at the appropriate distance you would plant the seeds in the ground.
- Keep the soil moist until the seeds begin to sprout.
- When it is time, carefully transplant your seeds into a bigger flower pot, flower bed, or in your garden.
Download the PDF instructions here!
NICK JR. SPRING IS HERE!
RING IN SPRING WITH A COLLECTION OF NICK JR. FAVORITES!
Available on DVD April 5, 2022
LOS ANGELES–March 7, 2022 – Join your favorite Nick Jr. characters as they play their way into Spring in the brand-new DVD, Nick Jr. Spring is Here! This collection features six episodes from Nick Jr.’s biggest shows, including PAW Patrol (produced by Spin Master Entertainment), Blue’s Clues & You!, Baby Shark’s Big Show!, and Blaze and The Monster Machines.
Nick Jr. Spring Is Here! will be available on DVD from Paramount Home Entertainment and Nickelodeon Home Entertainment on April 5, 2022. Buy it now on Amazon.
Nick Jr. Spring Is Here! episodes:
- PAW Patrol: Pups Save a Magic Trick
- PAW Patrol: Pups Save the Butterflies
- Blue’s Clues & You!: Spring is Here!
- Blue’s Clues & You!: Growing with Blue
- Baby Shark’s Big Show!: The Rainy Day Round-Up
- Blaze and The Monster Machines: The 100 Egg Challenge
Nick Jr. Spring Is Here! synopsis:
Spring is here with Nickelodeon and friends! Play an outdoor game of Blue’s Clues & You!, learn about the seasons and how everything grows in different ways, like fruits, vegetables, and even you and Blue too! Watch the PAW Patrol hop into action to save the Adventure Bay Easter Festival from wild bunnies. Plus, when an underwater storm rains on Baby Shark and William’s fun, they discover how to have fun indoors.
10 thoughts on “Easter Egg Seed Starter Craft”
That is such a great idea for using up easter egg shells! I love this so much.
This is such a cute craft idea. I need to keep it in mind. Also the DVD looks perfect for kids.
This is a perfect craft for my boys. They can learn to grow things.
This is such a great craft. I love doing stuff like this with the kids.
Wow! This is such a really great and amazing craft! My boys would love this for sure!
This is a very clever way to recycle Easter Eggs and I bet your plant babies will be very happy sprouting from it.
wow! This sounds so fun! It’s so much satisfaction to watch it grow!
What a fab idea! Have you ever seen TABLA, the musical instrument? It’s quite famous here in my country India 🙂 So when I was a kid, I made this instrument tabla using the eggshells, a DIY craft. Now, I’ll ask my niece to try your idea of planting the flowers inside the eggshell.
These are a fun and easy craft project for kids. My son would enjoy making a few of these.
This is the perfect spring craft idea for the kiddos 😉 I love planting a garden and this is perfect for getting it started 😉