Frozen 2 opens this weekend and I’m excited so I decided to make these Frozen 2 cupcakes. I’ve asked my son to go with me but he said, “mom, I don’t like Frozen anymore.” Insert sad face. I was really hoping that he would go with me to see it but it looks like I will be going alone.
With Frozen 2 debuting in theaters this weekend, I wanted to make a batch of Frozen 2 cupcakes that you can make for your child’s birthday. These cupcakes are super easy to make even the homemade icing.
Items Needed to Make These Frozen 2 Cupcakes
- Box cake mix of your choice
- Silver cupcake liners
- Wilton Teal Gel food coloring (aff link)
- Wilton Christmas Red Gel food coloring (aff link)
- Wilton All in One Disposable Piping Bag with Tip (aff link)
- Unsalted Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Clear vanilla flavoring
How to Make Teal and Purple Buttercream Icing
Frozen 2 Buttercream Icing
- 1.5 cups Butter
- 4 – 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp clear vanilla flavoring
- Wilton Christmas Red Gel Food Coloring
- Wilton Teal Gel Food Coloring
- Allow the butter to soften to room temperature.
- Place butter into a mixing bowl. Use a mixer set on medium to beat it until the butter is light and fluffy. You want the butter to look smooth and fluffy.
- Slowly mix in approximately 2.5 to 3 cups of powdered sugar and use your mixer on low speed until the ingredients come together. Don't increase the speed of your mixer until the powder sugar is mixed in well. If not you will have powdered sugar all over the place.
- Taste test the icing to determine if you need to add more powdered sugar. Once the ingredients have come together, slowly add in remaining powder sugar and beat using medium-high with your mixer.
- If your icing is still too thin, add a small amount of powdered sugar and continue mixing. Is your icing too thick? Slowly add in a tsp of milk until you get the desired consistency.
- Divide the buttercream icing into two equal amounts.
- To one bowl add Wilton teal gel food coloring until you get the desired color.
- Then in the other bowl, add a small amount of Wilton Christmas red gel food coloring and a small amount of Wilton teal gel food coloring. Stir until you get the desired shade of purple that you want.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on the table or a hard surface. Then spoon the teal buttercream onto the plastic in fairly thin line. Then wrap the plastic around the icing. It is best to get started with the icing as close to the edge as possible (if not you can cut it when you're ready) but you also don't want it dripping out while you are putting it in the icing bag for piping. Repeat with the purple icing.
- Carefully place the two colors side by side in the piping bag. I had to use a spatula to coax it until I was able to pick up the piping bag. Once I was able to pick up the piping bag, then I was able to carefully move the piping back in an up and down motion to get the icing as close to the tip as possible.
- I noticed that one color sat a little bit higher but it isn't a huge problem. Just pipe the icing until you notice the two colors swirling.
- Pipe the buttercream icing onto your cupcakes.
Frozen 2 Official Trailer
Have you made plans to go see Frozen 2 this weekend with your kids? I wanted to take my son to see it this weekend but he said he didn’t want to go with me. I’m a bit sad because he loved Frozen. He used to watch it on a daily basis for several months. Now, not so much.
14 thoughts on “Frozen 2 Cupcakes”
The 3 year old in our family would be all over those cupcakes. Frozen is her favorite movie. I think the entire family can sing the lyrics to “Let it Go.” lol
These look so amazing! I hope we can see Frozen 2 next week. It looks like such a great movie.
Both my girls were such huge “Frozen” fans. It’s been such a long time since the first movie. They are older and aren’t asking to watching the movie but I’m still planning to bring them. Such cute cupcakes!
These are really adorable Frozen 2 cupcakes. I love the idea of whipping up some Frozen themed cupcakes, I loved the first movie. I cannot wait to see Frozen 2 and eat these cupcakes.
These look really awesome! I’m sure little girls will love these. I can see lots of purple teeth. lol
You did a lovely job on your Frozen 2 cupcakes! I cannot wait to go see the movie with my daughter. We’re waiting for the crowds to die down a little before heading out, so maybe in another week or two we’ll get there.
Frozen is really a great movie for kids and kids at heart and I’m sure Frozen 2 will be, too. These Frozen 2 Cupcakes looks really yummy! I would love to have a bite!
Such adorable cupcakes. I bet they’re delicious too. I really enjoyed the first film and now I can’t wait to see Frozen 2.
Yes, please! I need a dozen of them! These cupcakes look heavenly!
What an awesome idea of a way to celebrate Frozen 2 to come out! What a delicious treat!
What delicious looking cupcakes. Yum! Will be watching Frozen 2 with my nieces soon. Can’t wait…neither can they 🙂
My granddaughter loves Frozen so I will be going with her. I am lucky though because my 21 year old daughter loves Frozen too so if my granddaughter did not want to go I would just take my daughter, lol.
I need to make these for my kids. They would absolutely love them!
I need to make these with Peanut! We didn’t see Frozen 2 yet, but I’ve heard it was really good!