This St. Patrick’s Day, celebrate with your family by making some delicious snacks and building your own leprechaun trap. Leprechauns like all things green so make sure to have plenty of green foods and decor. This leprechaun bait recipe from Personal Creations is the perfect mix of salty and sweet treats! Follow the step-by-step directions to make you bait and then munch on it while preparing your leprechaun trap.
Leprechaun Bait Recipe
- 1 cup Rice Crispy Cereal
- 1 cup Popcorn
- 1 cup Pretzels
- 1/2 cup Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Candies
- 8 ounces White Chocolate Melts
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Green Sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine rice square cereal, popcorn, pretzels, marshmallows, and chocolate candies. Mix together.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate on low heat until smooth. Microwave for 30 seconds, and then in 15-second intervals to assure you don’t burn the chocolate.
- Once melted, stir in green food coloring and pour the white chocolate over your dry mix.
- Stir your mix until it is evenly coated.
- On wax paper, spread your mixture out evenly and top with green sprinkles.
- Allow the mix to cool for 10-15 minutes. Put in bags or a bowl to enjoy!
Head over to Personal Creations to download and get crafting!