Do you love patriotic chocolate covered strawberries? Strawberries are one of my son’s favorite fruits to snack on during the summer months. Our summer has been super lax because of Covid-19 keeping us at home.
Normally, we typically spend several hours a week at the swimming pool. But my daughter bought a small swimming pool for her dog and poor Bella wants nothing to do with it. Bella prefers going swimming in the lake. So one afternoon she set up the swimming pool for my son, got water balloons, and squirt guns. They had a blast playing some fun water games and I decided to make them chocolate covered strawberries.
I had been planning on making these before the 4th of July but it didn’t happen. Then I remembered that there are several patriotic holidays throughout the year and these Chocolate Covered Strawberries would be a hit for Memorial day, 4th of July, and Labor day.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Candiquik Vanilla Chocolate Coating (aff link)
- Red, White, and Blue Sprinkles
- Parchment Paper
Patriotic Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 container Strawberries
- 1 package Candiquik Vanilla Chocolate Coating
- 1 package Red, White, and Blue Sprinkles
- Patriotic Wilton Gel Food Coloring optional
- Coconut Oil
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- Melt Candiquik according to the directions on the package.
- Add a small amount of coconut oil if needed to help thin the chocolate out for easier dipping.
- Separate melted Candiquik vanilla chocolate into 3 containers if making the dipped chocolate red, white, and blue. Add patriotic gel food coloring to two of the three containers.
- Gently swirl the strawberry into the vanilla Candiquik chocolate until it is fully coated.
- Place on parchment paper to dry and add patriotic sprinkles.
- Reheat the Candiquik as needed per the instructions and add a small amount of coconut oil.
- Place the patriotic chocolate covered strawberries in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator.
The chocolate covered strawberries were a huge hit and disappeared very quickly. My son came inside and helped me decorate them too. The covered strawberries were a fun treat but I was planning on having these made before the 4th of July.
17 thoughts on “Patriotic Chocolate Covered Strawberries”
I haven’t made the patriotic version for 4th of July, but I have made them for Halloween with orange and black sprinkles. They’re a real treat!
Yum, I always love strawberries like this. I’ll have to make them with my kids over the weekend!
Love these strawberries! I picked up some fall colored sprinkles to make with the kids this weekend.
Chocolate covered berries are my favrite treats. I make them often need berry season to start again soon.
Yummy! I wish I had everything on hand to make this recipe right now.
These are so pretty! My oldest is obsessed with strawberries lately (her words, not mine LOL) so she would love this.
The strawberries look so delicious and festive! I’ve never tried Candiquik before but I will definitely give it a try as I don’t have much luck melting chocolate (dries out, etc).
This Patriotic Chocolate Covered Strawberries is really mouthwatering! I can’t wait to have a full bite of this.
These are so, so cute!!
So patriotic indeed and so adorable. Bet they’re delicious too. I will have to try making them.
I would love to make these! They are perfect for summer picnics or anytime you can make the most of this coutnry.
This is a very fun recipe to make with kids! They love chocolate covered strawberries,
The partiortic chocolate covered strawberries looks really beautiful and nice . I am going ot make this for this labor day weekend.
Yum! This is the kind of treat that my family will go crazy over! Deliciousness!
Strawberries are so pretty by itself but you make it more mouthwatering with those stuff. It’d got me craving.
Oh I love this idea! I do not always like strawberry but with this will make me eat more. WOuld love to make some with my niece.
Finding fun ways to get older kids in the kitchen is always worth the read. Thanks for this idea.