Do you love chocolate covered strawberries? They are one of my favorite treats. It has been several years since I have indulged in this decadent treat.
With Valentine’s day just a few weeks away, these chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect treat to make for your spouse or significant other.
Tonight was my very first time to try making chocolate covered strawberries and I was so surprised at how easy they were to make. If I can make them, so can you.
Head to your favorite grocery store and get all the ingredients that you need to make these super easy chocolate covered strawberries.
- fresh strawberries
- vanilla melting bark
- Wilton Christmas Red Gel Food Coloring
- 1 package of semisweet chocolate chips
- zip lock bag
- coconut oil
Easy Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 package Vanilla Melting Bark
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar Wilton Christmas Red Gel Food Coloring
- 1 package Strawberries
- coconut oil
- Wash the strawberries and place them on a clean dish towel.
- Pat the strawberries so they are dry. If the strawberries are wet, the chocolate won’t stick.
- Break off two blocks of vanilla melting bark and place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add a small amount of Wilton Christmas Red gel food coloring and coconut oil in the microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute using 50% power and stir.
- Continue microwaving the vanilla bark in 30-second increments until it is fully melted.
- Stir and spoon the melting bark in a small bowl.
- Carefully dip strawberries into the melting bark and turn it so the chocolate covers both sides of your strawberries.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberries on parchment paper and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Fill a coffee cup with water and microwave it for 3 minutes.
- Add a small handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips into a ziplock bag and a tiny amount of coconut oil.
- Close the ziplock bag and place it in the hot water to melt the chocolate.
- Open the ziplock bag and add a few more chocolate chips to help temper the chocolate.
- Cut a small tip off the ziplock bag and drizzle over the strawberries.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberries in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes to harden.
- Serve and Enjoy!