Let’s make these Oreo Truffles together. I hope that every had a Merry Christmas. My son was with his dad so Christmas day felt like a piece of my heart was missing. Luckily, I was able to spend the day with my brother and sisters and my older two kids. On Christmas day, we had brunch at my sister’s house. I didn’t plan on making a huge meal for Christmas day so I decided to make my Oreo truffles. They are super easy to make and only require a few ingredients.
It is recommended that you purchase regular Oreo Cookies and not the double stuffed ones. However, I purchased the double stuffed cookies before reading my recipe. Ops. So I decided to go ahead and use what I had. For the these, you can purchase the off-brand because you can’t taste the difference. You will also need one block of cream cheese (don’t get the low-fat), melting chocolate, and coconut oil. I use Louana coconut oil (aff link).
- Small Bowl
- Cookie Sheets Lined with parchment paper
- Spoon and Fork
- Food Processor
- 1 Family Size Package Oreo Cookies
- 1 Block Cream Cheese
- 12 OZ Melting Chocolate
- 1 Container Coconut Oil
- 1 Container Sprinkles, another color of chocolate melts to drizzle, or crushed oreos without the frosting.
- Gather your ingredents and utenzils.
- Soften cream cheese.
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment papers.
- Place 36 cookies in your food processor and pulse until they are a fine crumble.
- Mix the cookie crumbles and cream cheese in a bowl. Thouroughly mix until they cookie mixture looks similar to cookie dough.
- Roll into Oreo cookie balls about 1 inch thick and place on parchment paper.
- Place the Oreo cookie balls into the freezer for 15-20 mintues.
- Melt 1/3 of the bag of chocolate melting wafers in the microwave on 30% power until it is melted. The wafers will still look intact so you have to stir it to ensure it is melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate or let it come in contact with water.
- Place Oreo cookie ball onto your fork and spoon the melted chocolate over it until it is fully coated.
- Gently nudge the Oreo cookie ball off the fork using the spoon. Add a small amount of chocolate if you need to fix any marks.
- Quickly add your sprinkles or crumbled oreo cookie topping. (optional)
- Place the completed Oreo Truffles in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to harden the chocolate coating.
- Carefully break off the excess chocolate.
- Then transfer them to an air tight container and return them to the freezer or refridgerator.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Do you enjoy eating truffles? These truffles are super easy to make and will be a hit at any event you bring them too. I made these Easy Oreo truffles on Christmas day. Just swap out the red-colored chocolate for regular white or chocolate melting chips.
1 thought on “How to Make Oreo Truffles”
What a creative recipe! Thanks!