Do your kid’s love eating rice crispy treats? They were one of my favorite snacks growing up and my kids love them too. So far this year we made some festive Valentine’s day treats. made heart-shaped cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries. Last week, when we made the chocolate covered strawberries, we also created these super cute Valentine’s day Monster Treats.
This recipe is super easy and there is no need to make a batch of homemade rice crispy treats either. I cheated and bought my rice crispy treats.
Here is a list of ingredients that you will need to make your Valentine’s day Monster Treats. Pick up the following items:
- box of rice crispy treats
- vanilla melting bark
- Wilton Christmas Red Gel Food Coloring
- Wilton Eyeballs (aff link)
- 1 package of semisweet chocolate chips
- zip lock bag
- coconut oil
- Valentine’s sprinkles
Valentine’s Day Monster Treats
- 1 box Prepackaged Rice Crispy Treats
- 1 package Vanilla Melting Bark
- 1 jar Wilton Christmas Red Gel Food Coloring
- 1 package Wilton Eyeballs
- 1 package Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 jar Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- Unwrap prepackaged rice crispy treats
- Melt vanilla melting bark in the microwave using 30-second intervals on 50% power.
- Mix a small amount of Wilton Christmas red gel food coloring into the melted chocolate and stir until the desired color is achieved.
- Place dipped Monster treats on a plate or parchment paper.
- Carefully dip rice crispy treats into the melted vanilla bark or spoon over then smooth out.
- Add eyes before the vanilla bark dries or you can dip it into the melted vanilla bark.
- Allow the treats to fully harden before moving on to the next step.
- Place a handful of chocolate chips into a ziplock bag.
- Melt the chocolate chips on 50% power for 10 to 15 seconds until melted. Use caution, melted chocolate is very hot and it doesn’t take long for it burn.
- Cut off a small corner of the ziplock bag and draw eyebrows, nose, and mouth on your monsters.
- Allow it to sit for several minutes so the melted chocolate hardens. Enjoy!
Whether you are looking for a fun and festive Valentine’s day treat for your kids or to take to a party, these Valentine’s Day Monster Treats would be perfect. They are super easy to make and you don’t even have to make your own homemade rice crispy treats to pull this recipe off.