Do your kid’s love eating rice crispy treats? They were one of my favorite snacks growing up and my kids love them too. So far this year we made some festive Valentine’s day treats. made heart-shaped cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries. Last week, when we made the chocolate covered strawberries, we also created these super cute Valentine’s day Monster Treats.
This recipe is super easy and there is no need to make a batch of homemade rice crispy treats either. I cheated and bought my rice crispy treats.
Here is a list of ingredients that you will need to make your Valentine’s day Monster Treats. Pick up the following items:
- box of rice crispy treats
- vanilla melting bark
- Wilton Christmas Red Gel Food Coloring
- Wilton Eyeballs (aff link)
- 1 package of semisweet chocolate chips
- zip lock bag
- coconut oil
- Valentine’s sprinkles
Valentine’s Day Monster Treats
- 1 Package Vanilla Melting Bark
- 1 Box Rice Crispy Treats
- 1 Package Wilton Eyeballs
- 1 Bag Semi-sweet chocolate Chips
- 1 Jar Wilton Christmas Red Gel Food Coloring
- coconut oil
- Unwrap the entire box of rice crispy treats.
- Place rice crispy treats on a baking sheet covered in parchment or wax paper.
- Break off two blocks of vanilla melting bark and place in a microwave-safe bowl. (Repeat Steps if you Need More Chocolate)
- Add a small amount of Wilton Christmas Red gel food coloring and coconut oil in the microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute using 50% power and stir.
- Continue microwaving the vanilla bark in 30-second increments until it is fully melted.
- Spoon chocolate over the rice crispy treats. Smooth the chocolate over the entire rice crispy treat including the sides using a butter knife or an icing spatula.
- Before moving to the next treat, add Wilton Eyeballs so that it will stick to the melted chocolate. Add sprinkles for hair if desired.
- Finish coating the remaining treats with chocolate and add decorations.
- Fill a coffee cup or microwave-safe bowl with water and microwave it for 3 minutes.
- Add a small handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips into a ziplock bag and a tiny amount of coconut oil.
- Close the ziplock bag and place it in the hot water to melt the chocolate.
- Open the ziplock bag and add a few more chocolate chips to help temper the chocolate.
- Cut a small tip off the ziplock bag and add the mouth to your Valentine’s day monster treats.
- Place your Valentine’s day monster treats in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes so that the chocolate hardens.
Whether you are looking for a fun and festive Valentine’s day treat for your kids or to take to a party, these Valentine’s Day Monster Treats would be perfect. They are super easy to make and you don’t even have to make your own homemade rice crispy treats to pull this recipe off.